This week we welcomed our third trimester with baby Beatty! When we first found out we were expecting a little one the third trimester sounded so far off. And so real. I remember thinking, when we get to the third trimester I will make sure we take care of x, y, and z. And now we really need to take care of that long list of things!
With that long to-do list aside, we are feeling amazingly calm about welcoming baby into our family. We have been anticipating this day for so long, and the thought of holding our babe in a few short months is beyond exciting.
Ted and I made a simple list of things we want to do before we become a family of 3. I have a feeling the next few months are simply going to fly by, so hopefully writing these down will help keep us accountable!
1. Pick out baby’s name! We still haven’t found names that seem just right. We have a few front runners, but nothing in stone. Since we didn’t find out if baby is a boy or girl we want to have a few options for both and then make our final decision once we meet our little one.
2. Go to a Tigers game. It has always been one of our favorite downtown activities. When we first started dating we went to a lot of games and we want to make sure we catch one more game- just the two of us.
3. Finish up the house. We have been renovating three rooms in our house to prep for baby and they are almost finished! We now have a playroom, a new office space for me, and of course babe’s nursery.
4. Sleep in. I have always been proud of the fact that I rise early and accomplish so much before the rest of the world wakes. That has gone down the drain the last month. When we have the chance to sleep in we take it. We have had so many more lazy mornings at the Beatty house. The best part- on lazy mornings Ted almost always makes pancakes and bacon, and baby and I both love that.
5. Take our last big vacation. A babymoon, 5 year anniversary celebration, or just a strong desire to explore the world- whatever it is, we are headed to Greece next month. I personally cannot wait to lounge on the beach and eat all of the gelato and Greek food. Ted can’t wait to explore the ruins and take in all of the history.
6. Read a few more books. Seriously, you would think we are running a library over here. The stack of books on our nightstands keeps growing. We have been reading everything from more fiction since we know we won’t have much time for pleasure reading once baby gets here, plus parenting books, books on sleep schedules, labor and delivery, the list goes on and on. We both spend a lot of time with little ones, but we both love learning so we are taking in as much information as we can now!
7. Have our maternity photos taken. After being on the other side of the camera for so many sweet moms and dads-to-be, it’s a little surreal that it’s our turn. We are certainly enjoying all of these little milestones and steps along the way.
8. Socialize! We love having friends over, going out to dinner with family and wandering downtown for appetizers on Friday evenings. Since we know our schedule will be changing we have been scheduling meals with friends we haven’t seen in awhile, planning more date nights, and visiting family. We want to make sure all of those relationships get the love and attention they deserve now!
9. Make baby’s nursery feel like home. I am not much of a shopper, so baby’s nursery has been bare. Over the past month we have received so many sweet baby gifts. I can’t wait to assemble the furniture, hang decorations and wash blankets. I have a feeling this room might just become my favorite space in our home.
10. Enjoy it. I have been trying to be aware that this time of pregnancy with our first babe is fleeting. I have been sitting down and enjoying the little kicks and hiccups. When the baby is on the move Ted and I will stop what we are doing to just marvel at this little miracle. We pray for the baby, dream about what his or her little face will look like, and chat about the way life will change. It is such a fun time of dreaming and changing, and we never want to take that for granted.
There it is! 10 things we want to do before baby arrives. Anything we missed?! I would love to hear from you mommas if there are a few things we should add!